Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
From July 26 to August 4, 1935, an event called the New England Sportsmen's Rendezvous took place on Lake Maranacook, Maine. Teams from all over New England and the Maritime Provinces came to test their abilities in various competitions.
In the picture, possibly Charles Harlow of Bear River, Nova Scotia, is seen competing in a log chopping competition on a floating platform on the lake. This event took place on the first day of the Rendezvous.
About This Item
- Title: Men competing in a log chopping competition, Lake Maranacook, 1935
- Creation Date: 1935-06-26
- Subject Date: 1935-06-26
- Winthrop , Kennebec County, ME
- Readfield, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: glass negative
- Dimensions: 10.2 cm x 12.7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.2350
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Canoes and canoeing--Maine--Lake Maranacook
- Lake Maranacook (Me.)
- Log-chopping (Sports)
- Log-chopping (Sports)--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.