Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Youths at the Sidney Lanier Camp in Eliot acted out Bible dramas on Sundays. Sidney Lanier Jr. (1870-1918) wrote the scripts and music to accompany the action. The camp operated from 1908 to about 1940 featured a strict program of crafts, nature study, music, and other activities intended to teach children "the art of living."
About This Item
- Title: Lanier Camp Bible Drama
- Creator: Sidney Lanier Camp
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Eliot
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 14.9 cm x 10.1 cm
- Local Code: Col. 1018, Ser. 1, Box. 2, Env. 2
- Collection: Lanier Camp (Eliot, Me.) papers
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Arts and children
- Children's plays
- Religious drama
- Sidney Lanier Camp (Eliot, Me.)--Photographs
- Eliot, Me.
- Organized campingSidney Lanier Camp (Eliot, Me.)
- Sidney Lanier Camp
- Sidney Lanier Jr.
- Summer camps
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.