Contributed by Belfast Free Library
Members of the Thomas Marshall Post #42 Grand Army of the Republic are shown in front of Memorial Hall in Belfast.
Memorial Hall was built in 1890 by the GAR as a memorial to fallen comrades and housed city government offices and the fire department on the main and lower level and the GAR Hall on the top floor.
About This Item
- Title: Civil War veterans at Memorial Hall, Belfast, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Town: Belfast
- County: Waldo
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph on card
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 21.5 cm
- Local Code: 97-092
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Belfast Free Library
106 High Street, Belfast, ME 04915
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Veterans
- Grand Army of the Republic. Thomas H. Marshall Post No. 42 (Belfast, Me.)
- Government facilities
- City & town halls--Maine--Belfast
- Group portraits
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.