Contributed by Cary Memorial Library in Wayne
Between 1917 and 1920, the American Library Association raised significant funds in order to distribute tens of thousands of books and magazines to military personnel, building camp libraries and creating libraries in hundreds of facilities, among them military hospitals.
This bookplate is part of the collection amassed by Elizabeth Mast Hyatt in honor of well-known opera and concert singer Annie Louise Cary (1841-1921), who was born in Wayne, and for whom the library is named.
About This Item
- Title: War Service Library bookplate, ca. 1917
- Creator: Falls, Charles Buckles
- Creation Date: circa 1917
- Subject Date: circa 1917
- Town: Wayne
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 8.65 cm x 6.75 cm
- Local Code: B (Box)
- Collection: Bookplate collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- American Library Association. Library War Service
- Cary, Annie Louise, 1842-1921
- World War, 1914-1918--Social aspects--United States
- Falls, C.B. (Charles Buckles), 1874-1960
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Memorial Library in Wayne
17 Old Winthrop Road, Wayne, ME 04284
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.