Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Springvale Planing and Shingle Mill next to the Mousam River on Bridge Street, Fred A. Smith, owner, circa 1900.
Fred A. Smith was born in Dedham, Massachusetts in 1861 and died in Springvale in 1920. The family came from Parsonsfield originally and is buried in Kezar Falls.
About This Item
- Title: Smith's Planing and Shingle Mill, Springvale, ca. 1900
- Creator: Philpot, Fred
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Springvale
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19.37 cm x 24.33 cm
- Local Code: C-434
- Collection: Index to the Glass Negatives, Tom Ursia Donations
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Smith's Planing and Shingle Mill (Springvale, Me.)
- Lumber industry
For more information about this item, contact:Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
P. O. Box 276 505 Main Street, Springvale, ME 04083
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.