Contributed by Presque Isle Fire Department
A night shot of what looks like a row of potato houses burning with men shooting water on fire in the town of Washburn. The Presque Isle Fire Department was on a mutual aid call.
The date on the back is January 31, 1962.
About This Item
- Title: Washburn potato house fire, 1962
- Creator: Presque Isle Fire Dept.
- Creation Date: 1962-01-31
- Subject Date: 1962-01-31
- Town: Presque Isle, Washburn
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire departments--Maine--Washburn
- Fire fighters--Maine--Washburn
- Fires, 1962--Maine--Washburn
- Potatoes--Storage--Fires and fire prevention
- Fire departments--Maine--Presque Isle
- Fire streams
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Fire Department
43 North Street, Suite A, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.