Contributed by Presque Isle Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A procession of Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) members, families, and others are seen here parading along Main Street in Presque Isle on Memorial Day in 1900. Two of the businesses visible include the Presque Isle Cigar Factory and CC Pomroy's Restaurant.
Many civil war veterans from Presque Isle joined the GAR. The Presque Isle branch of the GAR is the Wade Post, no. 123.
About This Item
- Title: GAR Procession, Memorial Day, 1900
- Creation Date: 1900
- Subject Date: 1900
- Local Name: Fairmount Cemetery
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Main Street (Presque Isle, Me.)
- Parades & processions--Maine--Presque Isle
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Veterans
- Grand Army of the Republic. Department of Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.