Contributed by Caribou Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Postcard of the Caribou Public Library viewed from High Street. The postcard features a red 2 cent stamp with the image of George Washington and is postmarked August 1926.
The message on the back of the postcard reads, "Having a great time, and seeing some potatoes fields."
Postcard shows the original Carnegie library before the addition in 1964 that nearly tripled its size.
About This Item
- Title: Caribou Public Library, est. 1911
- Creator: C. T. American Art, Chicago
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Caribou Public Library
- Town: Caribou
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Watercolor
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: R Car 974.11 Pos
- Collection: Postcards of Caribou
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Caribou Public Library (Me.)--Postcards
- Carnegie libraries--Maine--Caribou
For more information about this item, contact:Caribou Public Library
30 High Street, Caribou, ME 04736
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.