Contributed by Stanley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A bear cub is bottle fed by an attendant at the Carrabassett Mineral Spring Farm, circa 1905.
The Carrabassett Mineral Spring Farm, located at a local spring, drew additional visitors through the added attraction of a roadside wild animal park and petting zoo.
Many Maine communities at this time had bounties on adult bears, which could sometimes result in orphaned bear cubs.
About This Item
- Title: Dinah, Carrabassett, ca. 1905
- Creator: Carrabassett Mineral Spring Farm
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Town: Carrabassett
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.5 cm x 25.5 cm
- Local Code: LH 4 #7
- Collection: Raymond W. Stanley Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum
street: 40 School Street, mailing: PO BOX 77, Kingfield, ME 04947
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Carrabassett Mineral Springs Farm (Carrabassett, Me.)--Photographs
- Zoo Keepers--Maine--Carrabassett
- Bear cubs--Maine
- Captive Wild Animals--Feeding and feeds
- Captive Wild Animals
- Zoo Animals
- Zoo Animals--Infancy
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.