Contributed by Cumberland Historical Society
Simeon L. Farwell of Cumberland, who owned this canteen, was 22 when he enlisted in Co. B. of the 25th Maine Infantry Regiment on Sept. 29, 1862. He was mustered out on July 10, 1863.
Farwell (1840-1904) worked as a house painter after the war.
About This Item
- Title: Civil War Canteen
- Creation Date: circa 1862
- Subject Date: circa 1862
- Town: Cumberland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Metal, cotton
- Dimensions: 26 cm x 21 cm x 7 cm
- Local Code: 96.17
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Cumberland Historical Society
PO Box 82; 4A Blanchard Road, Cumberland, ME 04021
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Military equipment
- Canteens (Beverage containers)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.