Contributed by North Yarmouth Historical Society
As a young man, James Lawrence, along with his older brother Luther, served in the Civil War. They enlisted in the 11th Maine Volunteer Infantry, Company H.
James was wounded in the battle of Deep Bottom on August 16, 1864; his brother Luther was killed in the same battle.
This is a photograph of James Lawrence in his Civil War uniform, at the approximate age of 20.
About This Item
- Title: James Lawrence, ca. 1861
- Creation Date: circa 1861
- Subject Date: circa 1861
- Pownal, Cumberland County, ME
- North Yarmouth, Cumberland County, ME
- Gray, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 12 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Lawrence, James, 1842-1939--Photographs
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
For more information about this item, contact:North Yarmouth Historical Society
10 Village Square Road , North Yarmouth, ME 04097
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.