Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Letter to General William King from Alfred Johnson, Jr., dated July 27, 1816 showing a verbal tally of votes for separation of the District of Maine from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
About This Item
- Title: Letter with a verbal tally of votes for separation, Belfast, 1816
- Creator: Johnson, Alfred
- Creation Date: 1816-07-27
- Subject Date: 1816-07-27
- Town: Belfast
- County: Waldo
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 165, Box 27/10
- Collection: William King papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Johnson, Alfred, Jr.--Correspondence
- King, William, 1768-1852--Correspondence
- Statehood (American politics)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.