Contributed by Monson Historical Society
Five slate quarry workers in a wooden hoist box ready to be taken into the quarry to work. This site was owned by the Monson-Maine Slate Co. which operated from 1880-1943 .
About This Item
- Title: Monson Slate Quarry Hoist
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Local Name: Monson-Maine Slate Co.
- Town: Monson
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.89 cm x 13.34 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Monson Historical Society
PO Box 308, Monson, ME 04464
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Stone industry and trade--Maine
- Monson Maine Slate Company--Employees
- Quarries and quarrying--Maine--Equipment and supplies
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.