Contributed by Monson Historical Society
Five slate quarry workers in a wooden hoist box ready to be taken into the quarry to work. This site was owned by the Monson-Maine Slate Co. which operated from 1880-1943 .
About This Item
- Title: Monson Slate Quarry Hoist
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Local Name: Monson-Maine Slate Co.
- Town: Monson
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.89 cm x 13.34 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stone industry and trade--Maine
- Monson Maine Slate Company--Employees
- Quarries and quarrying--Maine--Equipment and supplies
For more information about this item, contact:Monson Historical Society
PO Box 308, Monson, ME 04464
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.