Jimmy (Bud) Knox, Portland, 1927
Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Bud Knox, also known as "Hard" Knox, was the catcher for Portland's professional, minor-league team in 1927.
The team initially was called the Eskimos, then became known as the Cliff Climbers, and by the end of the 1927 season were called the Lewismen, after their very popular manager (and player), Duffy Lewis.
- Title: Jimmy (Bud) Knox, Portland, 1927
- Creator: Portland Press Herald
- Creation Date: 1927-08-13
- Subject Date: 1927-08-13
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 10.2 cm x 7.6 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.15456 (print: Photographs--Portland--Sports)
- Collection: Portland Press Herald Glass Negative Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.