Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"The Portland Company electric traveling rail crane is pictured outside the shops, lifting items to be loaded or unloaded onto rail cars or wagons for shipment to customers."--Fletcher, David H. 'The Portland Company 1846-1982.' Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Pub., 2002. 12.
About This Item
- Title: Portland Company traveling crane, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 23 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 40b 19-7
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Manufacturing industries--Maine--Portland
- Metalworking industry--Maine--Portland
- Portland Company (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Steel industry and trade
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.