Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The King and Queen of the Winter Carnival in Portland. The Queen, Winona Drew, sits in a sleigh resting on the snow while the King, Major Edward E. Philbrook, stands behind the sleigh holding a long whip.
The automobile is a Rickenbacker, identified by the "hat-in-the-ring" symbol on the radiator.
About This Item
- Title: Winter carnival, Portland, 1924
- Creation Date: 1924
- Subject Date: 1924
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 7.6 cm x 10.2 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.7376
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sleds & sleighs--Maine--Portland
- Winter carnivals--Maine--Portland
- Winter festivals--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.