Contributed by South Bristol Historical Society
The Newcastle, Bristol and Anodyne, shown here at the dock in South Bristol, were owned by the Damariscotta River Steamboat Company.
The boats served communities up and down the River, bringing people and goods back and forth from Damariscotta to Christmas Cove and out to Heron Island. The photograph was taken June 2, 1902.
About This Item
- Title: The Damariscotta River Steamboat Company fleet, South Bristol, 1902
- Creator: South Bristol Historical Society
- Creation Date: 1902-06-02
- Subject Date: 1902-06-02
- Town: South Bristol
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: DA.2013.001
- Collection: David Andrews collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:South Bristol Historical Society
P. O. Box 229, South Bristol, ME 04568
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.