Contributed by St. Albans Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photograph depicts the Bigelow & Goodwin store in the late 1800s. The Bigelow & Goodwin store was owned by Alfred Bigelow and Othello Goodwin who sold hardware, dishes, yard goods and small wares there. Pictured here, starting on the front step, from left to right are Edson Buker, A. P. Bigelow, Othello Bigelow, unknown, Melvin Bigelow, Daniel Frost and Henry Prescott on bicycle.
The store burned in 1900 and was not rebuilt.
About This Item
- Title: Bigelow & Goodwin Store, St. Albans, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Location: St. Albans, Somerseet County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.10 cm x 22.83 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stores--Maine--St. Albans
- Buildings--Maine--St. Albans
- Business enterprises--Maine--St. Albans
- People--Maine--St. Albans
- Carts & wagons--Maine--St. Albans
For more information about this item, contact:St. Albans Historical Society
7 Water St, St. Albans, ME 04971
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.