Contributed by Monson Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photograph shows men loading heavy slabs of slate onto Flatcar #20 which is being hauled by Engine No.3. It is unknown which quarry this depicts as the train rails ran to the Hebron Pond Quarry, Dirigo Quarry, Imperial, Kineo, Eighteen and Monson Maine Quarries. The man on the car is there to position the slate once it is hoisted onto the flatcar. Flatcar #20 was built in 1905.
About This Item
- Title: Loading Slate on the Narrow Gauge, Monson, 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Monson, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: MHS-111-020
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Monson Railroad Company--Photographs
- Stone industry and trade--Maine
- Quarries and quarrying--Maine
- Monson Railroad Company--Employees
For more information about this item, contact:Monson Historical Society
PO Box 308, Monson, ME 04464
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.