Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Fidelity Trust building on Congress Street at Preble Street in Portland was equipped with three Portland Company elevators, two of which were electric. The freight elevator was a hydraulic, or "plunger," elevator.
The building is now the Maine Bank & Trust Co., and one of the old Portland Co. passenger elevators is still in operation there.
About This Item
- Title: Fidelity Trust Building, Portland, ca. 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 22 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 40a 2-4
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)
- Fidelity Trust Co. (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Maine Bank & Trust Co. (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Metalworking industries--Maine--Portland
- Portland Company--Products
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.