Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Heavy lathe used to turn large wheels, drums and rings in the Portland Company machine shop. It could also be used to turn most of the large locomotive tires produced there. The Portland Company manufactured equipment from 1846-1982 in Portland, Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Lathe at the Portland Company, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 22 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 40a 2-34
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Iron and steel industries
- Manufacturing industries--Maine--Portland
- Metalworking industries--Maine--Portland
- Portland Company--Interiors
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.