Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Here in the Portland Company erecting shop we see the bow section of an 80-foot boat being fabricated of iron in January 1921 for the Great Northern Paper & Pulp Co. The boat, with a broad rounded bow, was presumably for moving logs around in the waterways.
About This Item
- Title: Bow of 80 ft. boat in Portland Co. shop.
- Creation Date: 1921
- Subject Date: 1921
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 40a 10-14
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Great Northern Paper & Pulp Co.
- Iron and steel industries--Maine--Portland
- Manufacturing industries--Maine--Portland
- Metalworking Industries--Maine--Portland
- Paper industry
- Papermaking industry
- Portland Company (Portland, Me.)--Interiors
- Ships, Iron and steel
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.