Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This picture was taken in 1960 as part of Lincoln County Bicentennial Celebration events.
From left to right: Phyllis Siebert, daughter-in-law of Eleanor Siebert Smith, owner of the historical Squire Tarbox house (pictured in the background); Cora Davison Reed (wife of sitting Governor John H. Reed); and Virginia Cromwell Anderson, Westport Island's Deputy Town Clerk.
Phyllis Siebert and her husband Otto lived at the Squire Tarbox house; and she operated a gourmet bread baking business from her home. Beginning in 1972, Phyllis Siebert was the chef at the Blaine House where she served five Maine governors.
About This Item
- Title: Lincoln County Bicentennial Event, Westport Island, 1960
- Creator: Williams, Alice Blake
- Creation Date: 1960
- Subject Date: 1960
- Town: Westport Island
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: TarInn.Photo.5.1960
- Collection: Squire Tarbox Inn Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hotels--Maine--Westport Island
- Dwellings--Maine--Westport Island
- Tarbox, Sarah P.--Homes and haunts--Maine--Westport Island
- Women--Maine--Westport Island
- Houses--Maine--Westport Island
- Centennial celebrations--Maine--Westport Island
- Lincoln County (Me.)--Commemoration
- Tarbox, Samuel, 1780-1861--Homes and haunts--Maine--Westport Island
- Tarbox family
- Squire Tarbox Inn (Westport Island, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Westport Island History Committee
6 Fowles Point Road, Westport Island, ME 04578
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.