Contributed by South Bristol Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at South Bristol School. Learn more.
This postcard shows the Gamage home as it looked around 1936. Albion P. Gamage and his wife Hannah built a two story house on the northwest side of Christmas Cove in the 1880's and started taking in summer boarders. The Gamages enlarged the house in 1900 and named it "The Russell House". The property was sold in 1940 and renamed "Coveside Inn". It is interesting to note that the handwritten message on the reverse is in German.
About This Item
- Title: Russell House and cottages, Christmas Cove, ca.1936
- Creator: Alexander's Variety Store, Damariscotta, ME
- Creation Date: circa 1936
- Subject Date: circa 1936
- Local Name: Christmas Cove
- Town: South Bristol
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 13.5 cm
- Local Code: 1000.12.001 I
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:South Bristol Historical Society
P. O. Box 229, South Bristol, ME 04568
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.