Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Dirigo High School. Learn more.
This admission ticket for a dance at the Tuscan Opera House in 1948. The dance was put on by the employee association of the Stowell-MacGregor mill. The Stowell-MacGregor mill was a very prosperous wooden novelty mill at the time, and its employee association held this dance featuring Tony and Juanita.
Dedicated in 1891, Tuscan Opera House was the cultural center for the Town of Dixfield for over eighty years and offered many groups entertainment venues.
About This Item
- Title: Stowell-MacGregor Dance Admission Ticket, 1948
- Creator: Dixfield Historical Society
- Creation Date: 1948-03-23
- Subject Date: 1948-03-23
- Town: Dixfield
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: white cardstock with blue printing
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 5.5 cm
- Local Code: 2013-29
- Collection: Dixfield Historical Society Ephemera Collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Dixfield Historical Society
59 Main Street, PO Box 182, Dixfield, ME 04224
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.