Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
This view of Dixfield Village is taken from the Town of Peru side of the Androscoggin River. The Central Maine Railroad "Dixfield Station" is in the foreground and was actually located in the town of Peru.
In the background the iconic Sugarloaf Mountain forms the backdrop of the village, and the Congregational "Church on the Hill" is sitting on Meeting House Hill.
About This Item
- Title: Dixfield Village as seen from Peru Side, Dixfield, ca.1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Dixfield village
- Town: Dixfield
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 13.5 cm x 8.8 cm
- Local Code: 2012-22
- Collection: Dixfield Historical Society Postcard Collection #056
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- High Street (Dixfield, Me.)
- Railroad stations--Maine--Dixfield
- Dixfield (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Dixfield Historical Society
59 Main Street, PO Box 182, Dixfield, ME 04224
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.