Contributed by Mount Desert Island Historical Society
This photo, by W.H. Ballard, is of the steamship "J.T. Morse." The J.T. Morse was one of the several steamers that plied waters off Mount Desert during the period prior to automobile traffic. Automobiles were not accepted onto the island until after 1913.
The J.T. Morse was owned by the Eastern Steamship Company. This steamship carried both merchant goods and travelers.
About This Item
- Title: Steamer "J.T. Morse" leaving Northeast Harbor, ca. 1900
- Creator: W. H. Ballard
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Southwest Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: MDIHSjpg97560729
- Collection: W.H. Ballard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Mount Desert Island Historical Society
PO Box 653, 353 Sound Drive, Mount Desert, ME 04660
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.