Contributed by Margaret Chase Smith Library
President Eisenhower watches his guide Don Cameron net his first Maine trout. The President caught three fish, and afterward released all of them.
The President's visible participation in sport, and the national trend toward increased leisure time in the 1950s, helped increase the popularity of sports such as fishing.
About This Item
- Title: President Dwight D. Eisenhower fishing at Little Boy Falls, Oxford, 1955
- Creator: Margaret Chase Smith Library
- Creation Date: 1955-06-25
- Subject Date: 1955-06-25
- Town: North Oxford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25.5 cm x 20.5 cm
- Local Code: 1812-Eisenhower Visit pg 03
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Margaret Chase Smith Library
56 Norridgewock Avenue, Skowhegan, ME 04976
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.