Contributed by Greater Portland Landmarks
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Waynflete. More info about student projects.
The Hay & Peabody funeral home is located on Congress Street in Portland. Alongside the brick structure is an electric post-clock made by Seth Thomas in 1924.
On the back of the postcard is written "...spacious, tastefully decorated, air-conditioned rooms and ample parking facilities. Complete funeral service in a modest price range and 24 hour ambulance service are available."
About This Item
- Title: Hay & Peabody Funeral Home, Portland, ca. 1925
- Creator: Mason Philip Smith
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.7 cm x 11.3 cm
- Local Code: P204
- Collection: Historic Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Portland
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)
- Morgues & mortuaries--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Greater Portland Landmarks
93 High Street, Portland, ME 04101-3797
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.