Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Cumberland County Public Health Association visited outlying schools and conducted dental clinics. The staff photographed students participating in the clinics.
This photograph was taken at Pownal Center between Mallett Hall (left) and the one room schoolhouse (right). The school is thought to have been referred to as the Center School.
Myra Tryon of North Pownal was the teacher. Most of the children are from the Blackstone family. The girl closest to the car with her knees up is Daisy Blackstone.
About This Item
- Title: Dental clinic, Pownal, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Pownal
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 12 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 552
- Collection: Cumberland County Public Health Association photograph album
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Center School (Pownal, Me.)
- One room schools--Maine--Pownal
- Mobile dental clinics--Maine--Cumberland County--Photographs
- Mallett Hall (Pownal, Me.)
- Cumberland County Public Health Association (Me.)--History--Photographs
- Public health--Maine--Cumberland County--Pownal--History--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.