Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Fred G. Milliken took this photograph and wrote, "Note line of cork floats. They hold up long net near shore when weir gate is opened at lowtide; at high tide most of weir covered. Marline covering around weirs."
About This Item
- Title: Getting ready to unload weir, ca. 1930
- Creator: Milliken, Fred G.
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Local Name: Passamaquoddy Bay
- Town: Eastport
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1670, Env. 2
- Collection: Atlantic Fisherman correspondence, photographs, and news articles
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fish traps--Maine--Passamaquoddy Bay--Photographs
- Fishing industry--Maine--Passamaquoddy Bay
- Fishing nets--1920-1930--Photographs
- Fishing nets--Photographs
- Fishing--Maine--Passamaquoddy Bay
- Passamaquoddy Bay--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.