Contributed by Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club through Ski Museum of Maine
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Dana Wallace and Roger Peabody are pictured here keeping score for the Men's Giant Slalom race at the 1971 Sugarloaf World Cup. As the scoreboard in this image shows Gustavo Thoeni, number 14, did win this race.
Sugarloaf ski instructor and ski club member Dana Wallace from Brunswick is on the left. Dana was a marine scientist when he was not volunteering on ski races at his beloved Sugarloaf.
Roger Peabody of Littleton, New Hampshire is on the right. Roger was inducted into the U S Ski and Snowboard
Hall of Fame in 1976 honoring his 46 year involvement in the ski industry from racer to coach to race organization leader.
About This Item
- Title: Scorekeepers, Sugarloaf World Cup, Sugarloaf, 1971
- Creation Date: 1971-02-21
- Subject Date: 1971-02-21
- Location: Carrabassett Valley, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: 20012.001.0005
- Collection: Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Contests--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Scoreboards--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Sports officiating--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Winter sports--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
For more information about this item, contact:Ski Museum of Maine
256 Main Street, PO Box 359, Kingfield, ME 04947
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.