Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Listen to Dennis talk about the signs of the coming closing
In 2006 Amy Stevens, a former graduate student from the University of Maine, interviewed Dennis Townsend about his employment at Eastern Fine Paper from 1977 until 2004.
In this clip Dennis states that he could "see the writing on the wall" when asked if he could sense the closure of Eastern was coming in 2004.
About This Item
- Title: Eastern Fine Paper running out of money, Brewer, 2006
- Creator: Amy Stevens
- Creation Date: 2006-04-25
- Subject Date: 2004
- Location: Brewer, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Compact disc
- Local Code: NA3427 cd2419
- Object Type: Sound Recording
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dismissal of employees--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Corporation (Bangor, Me.)
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
c/o Special Collections, 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.