Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Listen to recording
In this audio clip Pauleena MacDougall, director of the Maine Folklife Center, interviews Lois Andrews about her work at Eastern Fine Paper. In 1967 Lois, after working for the company for several years, took a position in the lab.
In this clip Andrews talks about working in a male dominated work place.
About This Item
- Title: A woman in the Eastern Fine Paper lab, Brewer, 2006
- Creator: Pauleena MacDougall
- Creation Date: 2006-01-06
- Subject Date: 1967
- Location: Brewer, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Compact disc
- Local Code: NA3391 cd2372
- Object Type: Sound Recording
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dismissal of employees--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Corporation (Bangor, Me.)
- Labor unions--Maine--Brewer
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
c/o Special Collections, 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.