Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Edward T. Merrill was a shoe dealer on 241 Middle Street, Portland. His broadside advertised silver tipped shoes for children. The four girls depicted in the broadside display their silver tipped shoes in each of the four seasons.
About This Item
- Title: E. T. Merrill shoe broadside, Portland, ca. 1870
- Creation Date: circa 1870
- Subject Date: circa 1870
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 463, Box 1/58
- Collection: WPA broadsides relating to Maine, Massachusetts, and World War I
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Portland
- Children's clothing
- Middle Street (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.