Contributed by Town of Topsham
The town of Topsham's first fire company stands in front of the first engine house--on Winter Street at Quint's Stables--with the Androscoggin No. 2 hand engine. The engine was moved in about 1897 to a new building constructed for it on Main Street.
The Androscoggin No. 2 was an 1850 Hunneman engine with a 6" piston cylinder. It won competitions for hand pumpers throughout Maine and New England.
About This Item
- Title: Androscoggin No. 2 company, Topsham, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Local Name: Barron's Hill, Quint's Hill
- Town: Topsham, Topsham
- County: Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 30 cm
- Local Code: 2000-07-13cb
- Collection: Androscoggin Veterans Fire Association Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Town of Topsham
Topsham Historical Comm., Town Hall, 100 Main Street, Topsham, ME 04086
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.