Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Horace W. Shaylor (1845-1925) of Portland, an artist and developer of a system of handwriting and writing instruction, drew this pencil sketch of a covered bridge leading to Hiram and a blacksmith shop.
Many of Shaylor's drawings are of Maine landscapes; he preferred to spend his spare time sketching outdoors.
About This Item
- Title: Hiram Bridge pencil drawing, 1909
- Creator: Shaylor, Horace W.
- Creation Date: 1909-08-19
- Subject Date: 1909
- Town: South Hiram
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Pencil on paper
- Dimensions: 25.5 cm x 16.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2538, Box 1/5
- Collection: Shaylor family collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bonney Meadows
- Covered bridges--Maine--South Hiram
- Forge shops--Maine--South Hiram
- Landscape drawings--Maine--South Hiram
- South Hiram
- Warren's Bridge (S. Hiram, Me.)--Drawings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.