Contributed by Clayton Douglass family through Sebago Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Even though Charles Weed had received a disability waiver, he was drafted again in 1864 and had to appear in Portland with his paperwork to avoid being declared a deserter.
About This Item
- Title: Charles Weed's Draft Notice September, 1864
- Creator: Doughty, Charles H
- Creation Date: 1964-09-19
- Subject Date: 1864-09-19
- Town: Portland, Sebago
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 21.5 cm
- Local Code: W.CW.9
- Collection: Clayton Douglas family
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army--Recruiting and enlistment, etc.
For more information about this item, contact:Sebago Historical Society
PO Box 59, Sebago, ME 04029
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.