Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This letter from Charles Frost to William Stoughton lists military stores and provisions on hand at Kittery, York and Wells, and also describes the size of garrison contingents and their scouting responsibilities.
About This Item
- Title: Letter concerning military provisions and garrison contingents, Kittery, 1695
- Creator: Charles Frost
- Creation Date: 1695-02-14
- Subject Date: circa 1694
- Location: Kittery, York County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. S-559, Misc. Box 21/25
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Soldiers--Maine--History--17th century
- Military supplies--Maine--History--17th century
- Soldiers--Massachusetts--History--17th century
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.