Contributed by Boston Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A Tichnor Brothers postcard of Main Street in Waterville from around 1938. Main Street was the heart of Waterville's business district following World War II. The transition from wooden stores to large brick buildings took place in the late 1800s, which can be seen in the postcard.
The caption reads, "Main Street at night, Waterville, Maine."
About This Item
- Title: Main Street at night, Waterville, ca. 1938
- Creator: Tichnor Bros., Inc.
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Location: Waterville, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Linen texture postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: The Tichnor Brothers Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business districts--Maine--Waterville
- Main Street (Waterville, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Boston Public Library
700 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.