Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Great Northern Paper Company, located in Millinocket, must have used this hotel for visitors.
This photograph is part of the Wittemann collection which is a large set of photographs taken by members of the Wittemann family and made into postcards and sold in batches to businesses in Maine. The Wittemanns themselves were photographers, but they also bought the rights to photographs of local photographers to use for their postcards.
About This Item
- Title: Great Northern Hotel, Millinocket
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Millinocket
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 448
- Collection: Prints of original post cards of Witteman Brothers Postal Card Company
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lumber industry
- Great Northern Paper Company (Me.)
- Paper industry
- Great Northern Hotel (Me.)--Photographs--Postcards
- Hotels & inns--Maine--Millinocket
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.