Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Great Northern Paper Company campus, located in Millinocket, likely included this hotel for visitors.
This photograph is part of the Wittemann Collection, a large collection of photographs at Maine Historical Society, taken by members of the Wittemann family. The prints were made into postcards and sold in batches to Maine businesses. The Wittemanns themselves were photographers, but they also bought image rights from local photographers to use for their postcards.
About This Item
- Title: Great Northern Paper Hotel, Millinocket, ca. 1930
- Creator: Witteman Brothers Postal Card Company
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Town: Millinocket
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 448
- Collection: Prints of original post cards of Witteman Brothers Postal Card Company
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Great Northern Hotel (Me.)--Photographs--Postcards
- Great Northern Paper Company (Me.)
- Hotels & inns--Maine--Millinocket
- Lumber industry
- Paper industry
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.