Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Richmond lies along the shores of the Kennebec River. At the time this photograph was taken, transportation around Maine was dominated by steamer, rail and coach.
This photograph is part of the Wittemann collection which is a large set of photographs taken by members of the Wittemann family and made into postcards and sold in batches to businesses in Maine.
About This Item
- Title: Steamer Kennebec, Richmond, ca. 1920
- Creator: Herbert Mansir
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Richmond, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 11 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 448
- Collection: Prints of original post cards of Witteman Brothers Postal Card Company
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kennebec (Ship)--Photographs--Postcards
- Kennebec River (Me.)
- Richmond (Me.)--Description & views
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.