Contributed by Strong Historical Society
- Item 65505
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
When automobiles and trucks came onto the market, passenger train ridership declined for the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad. For a time, in an attempt to reverse that decline, railbuses were operated on the line. Railbus No. 4 was one of those used.
About This Item
- Title: Railbus No. 4 at the railroad station, Strong, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Strong, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.2 cm x 25.4 cm
- Local Code: 10.05.010.04
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Narrow gauge railroads--Maine
- Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad (1908-1936)
For more information about this item, contact:Strong Historical Society
PO Box 133, Strong, ME 04983
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.