Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
The bridge connecting Campobello Island in Canada with Lubec in Maine will connect the two nations here at the point where the world's longest international border begins. It’s October 29 as work continues on the approach at the U.S. end and on piers on the Canadian side.
About This Item
- Title: Piers and approach to new bridge, Lubec, 1961
- Creation Date: 1961-10-29
- Subject Date: 1961-10-29
- Location: Lubec, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 7.4 cm x 9.7 cm
- Local Code: Bridge 16
- Collection: Bernard Ross
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bridge construction--Maine--Lubec
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945--Commemoration
- Bridges--Canada--New Brunswick
- Bridge construction--Canada--New Brunswick
- Bridges--New Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Historical Society
135 Main Street, Lubec, ME 04652
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.