Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This tug helps a sailing vessel along in the granite quarrying industry in Maine. Though marked "Deer Isle" on the photograph, this photograph was actually taken from Stonington, looking at the Goss Quarry on Crotch Island.
About This Item
- Title: Quarrying tugboat, Deer Isle, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Deer Isle, Hancock County, ME
- Stonington, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 90, Box 17/7
- Collection: Benjamin Lake Noyes Deer Isle genealogical records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Crotch Island (Me.)--Photographs
- Goss Quarry (Stonington, Me.)--Photographs
- Granite quarries
- Quarries--Maine--Crotch Island
- Quarries--Maine--Deer Isle
- Sailing ships
- Tugboats--Maine--Deer Isle
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.