Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A reunion meeting of the veterans of the 17th Maine Infantry Regiment was held in Portland in 1923. Known as the red diamond regiment, the soldiers served in numerous Civil War battles.
About This Item
- Title: Veterans of 17th Maine, Portland, 1923
- Creation Date: 1923
- Subject Date: 1923
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.8228
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Group portraits
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Veterans
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Veterans
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.