Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A photograph of the Grand Casino at Willard Beach, a trolley resort developed by the Portland Railroad Company. Four children are visible wading in the water and other people can be seen sitting on the beach further back toward the Casino. The Portland Railroad Company's car #10 is parked beside the building. The casino burned on January 15, 1898.
About This Item
- Title: Grand Casino, Willard Beach, South Portland, ca. 1897
- Creation Date: circa 1897
- Subject Date: circa 1897
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 12 cm
- Local Code: 2009/2-34-114
- Collection: O.R. Cummings Maine Trolley Album Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Recreation--Maine--South Portland
- Buildings--Maine--South Portland
- Resorts--Maine--South Portland
- Casinos--Maine--South Portland
- Sports & recreation facilities--Maine--South Portland
- Electric railroads--Maine
- Portland Railroad Company
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.