Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #20 of a plan of fort land for William Ross, ca. 1763.
This map is part of the Pejepscot Purchase Company's records. This may be a copy of a map created by Stephen Gatchell of land around Brunswick, and is similar to Map #19 in this collection.
About This Item
- Title: Fort land for William Ross, Brunswick, ca. 1763
- Creator: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick
- Creation Date: circa 1763
- Subject Date: circa 1763
- Town: Brunswick
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 32 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 20
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land companies--Maine
- Land grants--Maine--Maps
- Land settlement--Maine
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps
- Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Pejepscot Company--Records and correspondence
- Real property--Maine--Brunswick
- Early contact & settlement
- Early works to 1800.
- Nature, geography & animals
- Pejepscot Proprietors
- Personal writing
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.