Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Portland Company of Portland, Maine manufactured 108 mm shell casings during World War I.
About This Item
- Title: Portland Company employees, ca. 1917
- Creation Date: circa 1917
- Subject Date: circa 1917
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographs, jpg
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 22 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 40/12
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Ordnance industry--Maine--Portland
- Portland Company (Me.)--Employees--Photographs
- Steel industry--Maine--Portland--Employees--Photographs
- World War, 1914-1918--War work--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.