Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Portland Company, located at 58 Fore Street in Portland, crafted steel objects including locomotives, engines, shell casings, and power plants starting in 1846. These street lights were created for the City of Portland. The specifications were 100 poles or 400 lights per mile.
About This Item
- Title: Street lights crafted by the Portland Company
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 22 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 40/8-5
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Street lights--Maine--Portland--Photographs
- Portland Co. (Me.)
- Steel industry--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.